Get In Touch

+65 6545 0801

hello@BlyssFoods.com

+65 9735 0852

Frequently Asked Question!


How to you prepare shirataki noodles for cooking?

Our shirataki noodle come packed in water. Open the package in a bowl or over a sink. The water will smell a little odd, that is normal. Drain away all the water in the bag, rinse the noodles briefly under cold running water, then blanch in boiling water for a few minutes. Drain well before use. The blanching process is important and should not be missed, as it gets rid of that “odd” flavour of the shirataki. Let the shirataki noodles sit for a while to dry out more and it will taste better.

Do shirataki noodles need to be refrigerated?

Shirataki noodles have an average shelf life of about 12 months. Unopened packages can be stored at room temperature in a pantry or cupboard, or in a cool place away from direct sunlight or high temperatures. We recommend storing them in the refrigerator for best results.

Can shirataki noodles digest well?

Shirataki noodles are not completely digested. They just pass through the length of the digestive tract. As they move, they stimulate the muscles in the intestines. They also clean the digestive tract and promote soft stool consistency as they pass through. It is made of about 97% water and remaining 3% is mostly fiber. It is very filling, and because of what is does as it moves through the digestive tract, shirataki has also long been called a “broom for the stomach”. 

Can I eat shirataki noodles on a keto diet?

Shirataki noodles are a low-carbohydrate food that has very few calories per serving, therefore it is keto-friendly. A 220gram serving of shirataki noodles contain about 6g of carbs, but has a fiber content of about 6g as well, with 0g of sugar. Therefore, it is about 1g or less of net carbs per serving. 

Can I eat shirataki noodles every day?

Shirataki noodles are made almost entirely of fiber and water. They do not really have much nutritional content. Therefore it is good for adding some bulk to your meals if your body tolerate them well, but it is strongly advised that daily meals should consist of nutrient-dense foods, and that shirataki noodles can be used as a side-complement to add a level of bulk and some fiber.

Do shirataki noodles give you gas?

Shirataki noodles are generally well-tolerated and safe for most individuals. Some people, especially those with weaker digestive systems, may experience effects like gas, bloating and diarrhea. It is always advised that you introduce shirataki noodles gradually and in small portions to your diet initially, and only to increase portion sizes when you have ascertained that you can tolerate the noodles well.